Check out our Top 10 must do family activities in East Cork while staying in our hotel.
1. Fota Wildlife Safari Park (10 mins): 70 acres of open countryside with 90 species of exotic wildlife from 5 continents including giraffes and cheetahs – this is a must see! The “Family Fun at Fota” programme allows children to learn about cultural heritage and includes storytelling, cooking, planting wildflowers and bark rubbing.
2. Garryvoe Beach (15 mins): Blue Flag beach, lifeguarded weekends only in June and 10am to 7pm daily in July and August (please verify at the beach on the day).
3. Youghal Beach (20 mins): Blue Flag beach popular with families
4. Jungle World (5 mins): Kids play facility within easy walking distance of the hotel.
5. Trabolgan (20 mins): Activities include tennis, go-karting, abseiling, archery, aeroball, snorkelling, quadbiking, live shows, mini-trampolines, paddle boats, aeroball, crazy golf, swimming pool and a kids corner. Activities are on a pay as you go basis and minimum ages apply. Discount available from reception for residents of the hotel.
6. Perks Entertainment Centre (30 mins): Bowling; Kiddies Rides; Lazer Zone; Bumper Boats; Arcade Games; Ghostblaster Haunted House;...this institution has been around for over 80 years entertaining kids in East Cork. Meet Perky the Bear. Discount available from reception for residents of the hotel. .
7. Bridgefield Buggies (15 mins): This Quad bike safari is located in Castlemartyr. Children from 8 years up can enjoy this off-road trek through 9 miles of beautiful rugged countryside including a 17th century castle.
8. Leahys Open Farm (10 mins): Open Easter to September with a Christmas event in December, it comprises a crannog, claraghs gardens, animals, an adult maze, go-karting, a mouse shed, an outdoor play area and sandpit, a kiddies maze, fishpond, farm museum and leprechauns cave. Meet llamas, monkeys, miniature ponies, emus, deer, camels and even snakes! Special activities for Easter, Summer and Christmas. Discount available from reception for residents of the hotel.
9. East Cork Riding School (5 mins): Established in 2005 and AIRE approved catering for adults and children; bridle path around the land for "happy hackers"- BHS Stages 1, 2, PTT and 3 exams training centre with friendly, knowledgeable BHS trained staff - contact Mary at 087-6464309 or Reception can organise.
10. Swell Surf School (10 mins): Located on picturesque Inch Beach it provides surfing lessons and equipment hire for all ages and lessons. Approved by the Irish Surfing Association. Weekly surf academy for 8- 18 year olds in season. Contact Reception for details
Click here to view our family fun brochure.
Click here to view our East Cork brochure on what to do while at the hotel.